I get up at 7 o'clock in the morning. I do my morning
exercises, wash myself and dress. Then I sit down to breakfast. At 8 o'clock I
leave home and go to the Institute. As a rule I come to the Institute at a
quarter to 9. The lessons begin at 9 sharp. Today we have two lectures, a
seminar and an English lesson. At our English lessons we read the texts, ask
and answer questions and do all sorts of exercises. We do not write many
exercises. We usually write exercises at home. We speak English at the lessons.
We speak English a little now, but we want to speak English well.
At about 1 o'clock I generally have dinner at the
canteen. I come home at about 6 o'clock. I have supper and do my homework. I
always do my homework in the evening, but I never work late in the evening. At
11 o'clock I go to bed.
The Smiths live at 87 King Street. In the morning Mr
Smith goes to work and the children go to school. Their father takes them to
school every day. Mrs Smith stays at home every day. She does the housework.
She always eats her lunch at noon. In the afternoon she usually sees her
friends. They often drink tea together. In the evening the children come home
from school. They arrive home early. Mr Smith comes home from work. He arrives
home late. At night the children always do their homework. Then they go to bed.
Mr Smith usually reads his newspaper, but sometimes he and his wife watch
A typical day goes something like this. We get up
around 6 a.m., wash, have some coffee and toast, let the dog outside and feed
him, bring the dog back in and leave for work. I drop Martha off at her job around
7:15 a.m. and then I drive to the University (from our house to her work is
about three miles, from her work to the University is another three). I park
the car and get to my office by 7:45 a.m. Then I check my schedule and start to
work. Around 11:30 a.m. we break for lunch. I usually eat at the student union
with co-worker or other students. Then back to work. I usually leave for the
day at 4:30 p.m. I pick Martha up at her job and we are back home by 5:30 p.m.
After changing into more comfortable clothes, we turn on the television to
watch the news while we prepare dinner. After dinner, we may study. go
shopping, or just relax and watch television or listen to music.
Saturdays are a bit different. We often sleep late,
until 9:00 a.m. or even a bit later. Once or twice a month we may go out for
breakfast at a local restaurant. The rest of the day is spent working on the
house, studying, or running errands. Saturday evening is often spent with
friends or family members, typically over dinner, or we go to a concert.
1. How does your typical day go?
2. When do you usually get up?
3. Do you jog in the morning?
4. Do you do your morning exercises?
5. What do you have for breakfast?
6. How much time does it take you to get to your
school, university, office, etc.?
7. What transport do you use to get to your office,
8. Do you work hard?
9. When do you have lunch or dinner?
10. What do you do when you have break?
11. Do you go shopping after classes, work, etc.?
12. When do you come back home?
13. What do you do in the evening?
14. Do you walk with your dog?
15. Do you watch TV in the evening? How much time do
you spend watching TV?
16. Do you read books, newspapers in the evening?
17. Do you help your mother to cook dinner, supper?
18. When do you go to bed?
19. Do you sleep late on Saturday and Sunday?
20. How are Saturday and Sunday evenings spent?
данной работы были использованы материалы с сайта http://english-language.chat.ru/